Storage of Data
The data provided by yourself when registering as a member of Blackpool Frontrunners will be stored securely. Only those running the club will have access to your personal data, and you way request a full transcript of the information we hold about you. If you request the deletion of your data – this will occur, however, you may no longer be able to attend Blackpool Frontrunners events.
Transition of data using the https protocol is encrypted. Please ensure that you see the padlock symbol in the browser bar before submitting any data,
Use of the website
The website is provided ‘as is’, and although every effort has been made to ensure content is accurate – this can not be guaranteed.
You are welcome to use the website as; a member, a prospective member or for informational purposes only.
Our contact details
Name: Blackpool Frontrunners
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics (for example, name and contact details)
- Voluntarily disclosed medical and fitness information
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- Joining Blackpool Frontrunners as a member of the athletic club
- Asking to be subscribed to our mailing list
- Communicating with Blackpool Frontrunners as a prospective member/ participant
- Joining or requesting details of an event
We use the information that you have given us in order to:
- Maintain contact details of members
- Aid communication with members or prospective members
- To hold specific information in the event it is required by professionals (medical information, emergency contact details)
- To register as a member of an athletic body (no information will be shared unless agreed with the individual).
We may share this information with the Association of Running Clubs.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
We collect your information through:
- Membership forms
- Newsletter sign-ups
- Expressing interest in, or signing up to an event
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored on our web hosting server.
We keep all membership information as long as you are a member, and then 1 year. We will then dispose your information by deleting all relevant records.
We keep all non-membership information as long as you allow us to. This includes newsletter sign-up. We will then dispose your information by deleting all relevant records when you unsubscribe.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at firstname.lastname@example.org – please specify in the communication that it is a complaint.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk